I think I need hearing aids. Why should I see an Audiologist?

ask the audiologists image

An Audiologist is a university-trained healthcare professional with a Doctorate or Master’s degree. You should see an Audiologist for a diagnostic hearing evaluation to determine if you have a hearing loss and what the best treatment should be. For the 5% of adult hearing losses that can be treated with medication or surgery, the Audiologist will refer you to an Ear, Nose and Throat Physician for examination.

For the other 95% of adult hearing losses, the Audiologist is the best-trained professional to select, fit and customize the settings on the most appropriate hearing aids to provide you with optimal hearing and understanding. Depend on an Audiologist to work with you to achieve the best possible communication and for follow-up care to ensure that your hearing aids continue to work optimally over the years.  For more information, contact us at (413) 525-7979.